ADS 468x60

Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Cousins are people who know who you are, but still love you."

Here I am, dreading the weekend's end like usual.  My cousins from Chicago just left about 5 minutes ago, and already miss them! It was nice that they decided to show up for the weekend!  This weekend was amazing from Friday to now!  On Friday there I was sitting on the couch staring at the clock every five minutes just waiting in excitement for my cousins to arrive from Chicago, which they finally did at 11:30 at night. After they arrived we started to chit-chat about college, since my cousin, Mansi, is a freshman this year at UIC.  (BTW, College discussions are not one of my favorite one's right now.  The whole discussion about the future is not one I like to discuss, because I have a very vague idea about what I want to do, but anyways...) We would then go up to my room to look at old vacation memories from post-cards to pictures (we've been on 13 different vacations together), and start jamming out to Taylor Swift at a very high volume at 3 in the morning, to then fall asleep at 4ish.  The next day we rushed to get ready for my sweet sixteen.  We had an amazing time there, although nobody was dancing, so I decided, on courtesy of Ishan, to ditch my own party! I know you must be thinking how stupid I am to ditch my own party, but we were given an okay from our parents to go to a garba, an Indian dance!  We would arrive there at 10:30 pm and start to dance our hearts off.  I danced until my legs started to hurt.  We then gathered all 8 of us in a mini-van and started the 30 min ride home!  We put on the radio to KDWB, and just started to sing along loudly, which my cousin LOVES to do.  We would reach a Redbox at 12:45 am and debate what movie to watch: Paranormal Activity or The Box.  We would decide on the latter because of my 12-year old brother.  We then got home at around 1 am after dropping off my friends at each of their respective houses.  We then decided that since The Box looked stupid, that we were going to watch The Ring, which was a pretty good movie.  My brother lasted about 10 minutes into the movie before he decided he was too scared and goes to sleep.  He insists that he was 'tired', like he was telling the truth.  About half way through the movie, around 2:30 am, we decided that we were hungry, so we went on a snack break.  We ransacked the fridge and found some samosas to eat.  They were very delicious at 2:30.  We would end up finishing the movie at 4:15, and then slowly walk upstairs to sleep at around 4:30, only to be awoken a couple hours later stating that we had to get up and get ready to go to someone's house for lunch.  Well we did eventually get up, but at noon, so we rushed to get ready and drove to a friend's house for lunch.  Over there we would swap stories and just enjoy the last moments together until they leave.  This weekend over all was super-duper fun from singing at the top of your lungs to being frightened of a girl crawling out of the TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment