ADS 468x60

Saturday, September 18, 2010

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."


Traveling is a passion of mine.  I have a lot of experience with traveling and living in other countries.  I travel out of the country at least once a year with my family. My family loves to travel all over the world!  We’ve traveled to India every other summer since I was born. I’ve also traveled to Mexico three times, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, six more of the Caribbean Islands, India, the Amsterdam Airport, and Singapore. 
When I travel with friends or family, we usually check on the Internet what is there to do in that country before venturing there.  We aren’t the type of people to just jump head-in without knowing what’s there.  In the Caribbean area we usually go see the lush green rain forest to learn about what is happening to the environment or go to the sandy beaches to play in the water all day. Traveling to the Caribbean can be a blast!
When my family travels to India, we usually travel there for about two months! I get to stay with my cousins who I hardly get to see! We usually go and visit three cities, Pune, Nasik, and Bombay (Mumbai).  Recently I went to New Delhi and Agra for the first time since I was little, Mysore and Banglore where I’ve never been to before, and Ajanta Ellora a group of caves and artifacts in Central India. Traveling to these new places was exciting and fun!
When I stay in Bombay, we usually visit the famous stars of Bollywood. We travel to the India Gate and watch the waves hit the walls.  Even though it is raining non-stop, we have a ton of fun! When in Nasik I get to drive the kinetic Honda scooter and watch my uncle throw biscuits to stray dogs on the street, which he loves to do. We go and visit my uncle’s six stores, and then just walk across the street to watch a movie. In India everything is within walking distance of the house: a grocery store, a movie store, clothing stores, and work!  Also in India, fresh milk is delivered to your doorstep every day! People usually live in flats, apartment buildings, or they retreat to their bungalows, houses but bigger. In India, the whole extended family lives together or within walking distance of one another! It's a ton of fun, because my uncle usually has dance parties with everyone, and we end up dancing all night! I love to dance in India.
After visiting Nasik, we travel to Pune, one of my favorite cities in India!  Pune is my favorite city, because it is the city where I can go out by myself and do whatever I want without the fear of that something will happen to me, because my family in India lives in an enclosed society with security and guards. Also I love Pune because all my friends live in Pune! I have over 30 friends in Pune.  With them I usually stay out until late at night, even though they have school, playing games and having fun. We have played cops and robbers at 11 at night to playing soccer in the rain when it's barley morning! They are amazing friends, because even though I live half way across the world from them, they keep in touch with me just to see how I'm doing. In Pune, my aunt owns a boutique, clothing store, where she makes me really pretty Indian clothes! I always have a blast when I go there!
What has struck me recently when we go to India is how much poverty there is.  Wherever you look there is people either begging on the streets or sitting there sick looking. It’s really sad, and I wish I could do something for them.  
India is one of my favorite places ever! Traveling with friends and family is a wonderful experience; you make new memories with them that are hard to forget, whether it is laughing until you throw up or dancing all night you always have a blast!  Wherever I travel and with whomever I travel, I always learn new things and have new experiences! I just love to travel!

1 comments:

Keegan Jane said...

Ayesha! I love how much description you put into your paper; it shows the amount of passion you have for traveling. Not to mention that you have a good memory!

Post a Comment