When Orwell writes, he writes for everyone, his general audience. He tries to make it relevant towards everyone. In his essay: "Why I Write", he states four reasons why WRITERS as a whole write. When Didion writes, she writes to herself. She writes for herself. She talks about specific moments where most people can't relate to.
Most people write to an audience as a whole, but some people like Didon, like to write about specific things and personal experiences. I like to write to make it relevant to everyone, but some of the works I have are more personal and irrelevant to most people as a whole.

6 comments:
I really like how you broke Orwell and Didion's audiences down: Orwell writes for everyone while Joan writes for herself. Great job :)
You seem like you have taken the best of both worlds: Orwell's relavance to the average person and Didion's personal references. Good job!
Writing due to certain emotions you feel is essential! It's good you do it... :)
I like how you explained the difference between Orwell and Didion and how you relate to both of them! Great job!
I really like how you know why you write, and not just state that you write because you have to. I agree with writing for fun, and processing your thoughts. I think your post really shows that you know what the reasons for your writing is.
I like how you generalized Orwell's and Didion's essays. Very true. Orwell considers himself part of a collective group of people. Almost a society. Whereas Didion sees herself set apart from everyone else. Informing is a great reason to write. You'll do very well in MoPro. :-p
Post a Comment