Today C.S. Lewis came to give us a speech on the Inner Ring. Do you know who C.S. Lewis is? He was my favorite author when I was little! I loved his Narnia series. I would read those books continuously. He's an amazing writer and also a speech giver.
So anyways he started talking to us about Inner Rings. He suggested that EVERYONE wants to be part of the Inner Ring. I think Inner Rings are like cliques, or the different groups in middle school or high school. I remember wishing to be part of this one group in middle school, but they just didn't like me. I don't understand how EVERYONE wants to be part of a Inner Ring. Not everyone does in my experience. Some people like to stick out and not be a part of a clique. He also stated in many places that this want or need is bad. Being part of the Inner Ring is bad, but I don't see how it is bad. Maybe he is just telling us about his experience and forcing us to relate to him? Well, I have no idea. How could something like a clique be bad?
Well although his speech was insightful I don't think I will be able to relate to it. Maybe I will in the future, but my life is different then his life and I just don't think I could feel the same way about Inner Rings. Maybe in the future? Who knows? We shall see.

0 comments:
Post a Comment